The Rub PR Blog
Are You a Male Fan Who Wants to Get Into Porn?
Every week, guys wanting to get into porn contact me. And, they usually send over dick pics. The funny thing is I’m not an agent, director or studio. Those are the people who they should be contacting. But most people don’t really understand what a publicist does—they just see I work in adult and hit me up. Lucky me.
I have blogged about this on my site, but this doesn’t stop the emails, Tweets, etc. The fact is that it’s very rare that most guys make it on a set to perform. You have a greater chance of seeing a unicorn in a rainbow. Sure the idea of getting paid to get laid is a very exciting thought, but there’s a lot more to it than that. Having a big dick and/or maybe some sexual prowess isn’t enough. What you see in the movies isn’t as easy as it looks.
Read this and see if you still want to get into porn:
- Whether you make 1 or 100 movies, it’s out there for the world to see. This could keep you from having a future political career, the job in the working world you want and/or your friends and family could cut you off. So, consider the consequences.
- You need to be responsible, professional and on time. If you’re not, you could be sent home and/or your check docked. If you don’t have an agent, you will be have to book your own shoots and may need to chase after people to get paid, if it’s not same day pay.
- Are you a good-looking guy? Yes, looks do count. You will have to workout religiously, watch what you eat and upkeep yourself with haircuts, body waxing, and manscaping (yes, you read correctly).
- What makes you different than any other guy on the street? Why should you be picked over thousands of other guys? And, is your dick really big? Average is 5 to 7 inches. To be in porn, you need at least 7 to 8 inches, but the bigger the better.
- No matter what chick (or chicks) they pair you with you have to have sex with them and like it. You have to appear really into them, like you have an amazing chemistry. Even if she’s ugly, has bad breath, smells or has some other turn off, you have to act like she’s the hottest thing since sliced bread, when the cameras are rolling.
- Get ready for 20+ people watching you on set—this is the crew, director, other performers, writer and anybody else that might be on set. Everyone will be watching. Can you perform under these circumstances?
- Are you good under pressure? You have to be cool, calm and collected at all times. And, you may need to stay hard for up 4 hours or more. If not, you will definitely need Viagra or some other little blue pill. And, you will also need to cum on command, keep yourself from finishing early, and be able to go multiple times in 5 hours or less.
- Can you do sex acts that you might not like including anal and DPs? And sometimes a girl might have to lick or finger your butt. True story.
- And, did you know guys get paid a lot less than girls do? It’s true. They get about half. But the good thing is that so few guys work in the biz, so you will be working a lot. And if you build a name for yourself, like Keiran Lee, you can definitely make more.
- You need to be nice to the girls. If you’re a creeper, rude or mean, you will not be asked back and might get on a girl’s no list, meaning she never wants to work with you again.
- You will need to be tested every two weeks. This runs about $150 a pop and is both a pee and blood test. And, that doesn’t mean you won’t have to use condoms on set. Most productions in the Los Angeles County require them.
- There’s not a lot of room in mainstream, so many guys start in gay porn. I’m not kidding. I guess it depends how committed you are. But, it does pay more.
After you you’ve considered all of the above, you might be ready to step in front of the camera. But, do not contact a porn girl or a publicist (including me). Try to get an agent or reach out to studios and directors you’d like to work with, and see if you can get a bit part in a movie. If you do a good job, other roles might come your way. And after you make 100 movies or so, you might be a star and/or be working regularly.
Recent Photo Galleries