The Rub PR Blog
Tips for Porn Stars & Cam Models Doing Trade Shows
Last night, I was talking to one of my clients about her appearance this weekend at Exxxotica Chicago. We were going over her schedule, what to wear, and other key points. One thing that came up was what should she do if some fans misbehave, and we came up with a plan. This client is a seasoned veteran, as are all my clients going to this convention. I thought about newer girls and they really don’t know what to do when it comes to trade shows. I wrote a blog about how the fans should behave, but this one is for porn stars and cam models.
Before You Leave for the Trade Show
- Make sure a badge will be waiting for you at the show.
- Double check that your hotel is booked and your flight is confirmed.
- Before you leave town, take an inventory of your photos and DVDs, and make sure you have enough to sell.
- Pick out your outfits before you leave.
How Fans Should Behave
- They should stand in line to meet you and wait their turn.
- If they have gifts for you, they should hand them to you and let you put them away. They shouldn’t expect more than a hug or a photo for any gifts. If you want to let them kiss you on the cheek, a free signed photo or anything else, that’s totally up to you. They should not expect things from you just because they bring you a gift.
- Fans need to pay for any item you’re selling (DVDs, photos, etc.). They should not ask for free stuff.
- They should never be touching you. They can ask and if you say yes, that’s OK. But, they need to respect your limits.
- Fans should not be lurking around all day, unless you want them to.
Safety & Fans Getting Out of Line
- You should never feel unsafe. If you do, politely tell the fan that you need your space.
- If they keep touching you, lurking, making threats or anything worse, let the person in charge of the booth know and call security.
- Put away all money and valuables while at the show and before you leave.
- Always make sure to walk back to your car and/or your room with another person. This person needs to be someone you know or security, not a fan (unless you’ve known them for a very long time and are 100% comfortable with them).
These are just some key points and a lot of this is common sense. Just remember no means no. If you tell a fan no, they need to respect that or they can get thrown out of the show and possibly arrested.
And, if you’re looking for more help with trade shows, we help our clients with everything, including finding a place to sign. We work with porn stars, cam girls, studios and adult companies. Hit us up at [email protected]