Date of Production: 12/17/2005 (box); 12/19/2005 (credits)
Extras: The best extra was easily the 14 minute long Behind the Scenes feature called "Getting To Know Penny" that amazingly started with Jimmy interviewing John West. Penny was sitting beside John, smoking a cigarette, and Jimmy realized his mistake pretty quick. This led to Penny goofing on him and doing her usual "I'm wasted" act with Jimmy giving her a nod by making the picture look slightly out of focus much of the time. It was interesting to watch, even if Jimmy started getting a mean on towards AVN for not giving awards properly, and Penny was her usual fun self. There was also a photogallery and some trailers but that was it this time.
Audio/Video Quality: Playing With Penny Flame was presented in the usual 1.33:1 ratio full frame color by director Jimmy D. for Anarchy Films. The lighting was subdued in most of the scenes to cover some of the visual flaws and that added some grain but I thought Jimmy provided some very well handled compositional work that almost always made Penny look her best (except that warts thing mentioned later). There were some moments where the picture had a slight loss of focus and I couldn't tell if Jimmy did this on purpose since each angle had a different level of it, but this could've been done to enhance the dream quality of the show. This was far from the level of picture quality seen on the industry standard versions by Digital Playground and Digital Sin but it is a lot easier to shoot, allowing Anarchy Films to pump these out far more frequently. There were no compression artifacts and I thought the visuals were decent, if not the best I've seen from Jimmy in the past. The audio was presented in 2.0 Dolby Digital English but there really wasn't any separation between the channels in the vocals or the music score. It was plain and handled okay but some day; I'd like to hear a company really work up a 5.1 track for demonstration purposes to my perverted friends.
-- sponsored by --
Body of Review: Penny Flame is one of the established hotties of porn that combined a sense of sexual aggressiveness with good looks, sometimes coming across as flakey or high but always worthy of watching. She was even nice to me at the 2006 AEE Show, telling me she'd help me build up stamina after I kidded her about being lucky enough to get off two pumps with her if given the chance. I seek out her stuff to review and today's review of Playing With Penny Flame was one worthy of my attention given the sheer amount of footage it had with her in it as well as the virtual sex show it offered. While the industry standard for this kind of show is the Digital Playground Virtual Sex series and the Digital Sin My Plaything series (with many pretenders to the throne like the Don Goo Digital Pleasure series). While this one wasn't up to the technological levels of the leading competition, it was well worth watching Penny in such heated action. Here's a breakdown of the action for those who care:
Foreplay: The foreplay section of the DVD was fairly limited but allowed for the viewer to see Penny in all her glory doing various forms of sexual activity that stopped just short of actual penetration. This is one of the standard types of virtual sex playing as it allows the viewer to warm up.
1) Striptease: Penny is the attractive hotty on the front DVD cover and she has a very nice figure that combines the two concepts of a) built for speed and b) built for comfort. Using the multiple camera angles provided, she started off by slithering on the make shift stripper stage floor in her skimpy red lingerie. It doesn't last very long but that's okay since I like seeing more of this young hotty as she wiggled and gyrated across the screen.
2) Masturbation: A little after 6 minutes into the show, Penny starts talking about the viewer's patience and wanting to reward him. She started this portion of the session with her clothes back on, a jarring effect compared to similar series that proceed more as though it were a true continuation of the previous act, as she striped again to finger her wet pussy.
3) Play W/Toys: The action then went to Penny in a white & brown patterned top with her using a glass dildo to masturbate with and taste after getting it wet with her own juices. I then noticed her little bumps (perhaps genital warts?) that really didn't work for me. Still, Jimmy pulled back out and she kept up the dirty talk as she diddled herself silly.
4) Blow Job: Nearly 19 minutes into the show, she started orally working over John West's meaty member (even if I hadn't watched the BTS feature, his muscles are easily discernable as is his cock) with her mouth. She paid some attention to his balls too but it was the top portion that really seemed to interest her the most. This led to some POV action of her sucking his dick, working him over with her hand too.
5) Hand Job: The handjob proper started just before the 27 minute mark with Penny stroking him as she continued talking to the camera about what she wanted to do. I'd volunteer for her next volume given the way she seemed so in tune with his needs.
6) Titty Job: At slightly over the 30 minute mark, she offered up her breasts for him to pump between. I was a bit less happy here since she kept his shaft from getting deep between them with her holding her breasts tightly rather than wrap them around his rod. The dirty talk was sweet though.
7) Sex: The sex acts are described below.
8) Cum Now: This was the part where you could skip right to the end and watch him rub out a load to her face and chest.
Sex: The sex portion of the show was where the couple actively boned away with each other in her tight, wet, pussy on the stage. Here's the listing of positions in the order listed on the screen:
1) Reverse Cow: She was moderately active this time, with him on the bottom pumping upwards to meet her thrusts. She looked good here even if it wasn't her best position.
2) Spoon: This being a porn standard position, I thought she'd be more active but the camera angle seemed too close up for my tastes. The second angle was better.
3) Cowgirl: At 44.5 minutes, she climbed on top of him, facing him as she looked over her shoulder to grind away on his dick. She did the work this time and that elevated the heat for me quite a bit.
4) Missionary: The missionary position actually offered three camera angles and each added something slightly different to the mix. This is not my favorite position in real life, nor was it here but as a standard, it needed to be included.
5) Foreplay: This reverted the scene back to the foreplay options.
6) Sex: This started the action back to the beginning of the penetrative sex positions.
7) Cum Now: This was where John shot his load onto her chest and face, getting a fair amount of it into her mouth. It was a decent sized load by the looks of it and while she didn't swallow it, it was still well handled.
Summary: Playing With Penny Flame was worth a rating of Recommended to me primarily because of the great performance by the talented and lovely Penny Flame. I hadn't seen any of the previous volumes in the series (many reviewers suggested they weren't very good) until a few weeks ago and think they provide a lot of stroke value compared to many regular movies. Maybe I'll score a few more in the series to compare this one to but while it wasn't Penny's absolute best work, it was certainly full of replay value, despite the lack of some of the higher end features that the Digital Playground Virtual Sex series and the Digital Sin My Plaything series. In that, Anarchy Films and Jimmy D. seem to be a good combination but make no mistake about it, Penny Flame made the show what it was to enjoy.
---- You can email me with questions at Houstondon @ hotmail.com if you have any constructive criticism of the review too. :) Also you can follow me on twitter @HoustonDon