1 tablespoon of dried lavender flowers
½ teaspoon baking powder
2 cups of sugar
1 stick of regular unsalted butter (left at room temp for 40 mins)
2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons of finely grated lemon zest
1 stick of unsalted cannabis-infused butter (left at room temp for 40 mins)
3 cups cake flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs, lightly beaten (left at room temp for 40 mins)
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 cup of well-shaken buttermilk (left at room temp for 40 mins)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. While preheating oven, grease a 10x3" Bundt pan and sprinkle flour all over it to prevent cake from sticking to pan.
2. Sift together the baking soda, salt, flour, and baking powder. Set these dry ingredients aside.
3. In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the butter for about 45 seconds. Add in lavender flowers and sugar in a constant stream. Beat everything together on medium power until the mixture is light and fluffy. Then, keeping the mixer on medium speed, add the eggs and beat steadily until everything is combined.
4. Lower the mixer speed and continue to beat while adding in 1 cup of the dry ingredients mixture, followed by 1/2 cup of buttermilk. Continue adding dry ingredients and buttermilk in an alternating order until everything is added and mixed together well.
5. Using a mixing spoon or spatula (not the electric mixer), stir in the lemon juice and lemon zest. Take the mixture and evenly pour it into the previously greased pan until pan is three quarters full.
6. Place the cake into the preheated oven and bake for 60-65 minutes. Test the center of the cake with a toothpick. The pick should come out completely clean and that's how you'll know the cake is finished.
7. Let the cake cool for 30 minutes before slicing and ready to be enjoyed!