Thread: Note to self...AVOID Indonesia

Default Note to self...AVOID Indonesia

Story here (by way of Silicone Fantasy :lol: )

COUNTRY'S SEX CRACKDOWN

Performing oral or anal sex will become a crime in Indonesia punishable by up to 12 years in prison.

Sex before marriage and homosexual intercourse will also be outlawed under a moral crackdown by the country's justice ministry.

An amendment to the criminal code will also see extra-marital liaisons punishable by law.

Even 'living in sin' with a partner is to become a crime, with a draft bill proposing two years in jail for those guilty of co-habitation.

A man who impregnates a woman but refuses to marry her could spend a maximum five years in prison.

A sentencing range of three to 12 years would apply to sodomy and oral sex.

Homosexual sex would be liable to punishment of between one and seven years.

"It's still in its early stage. We're still collecting input from various parties and experts," said justice ministry spokesman Sukartono Supangat.

He said ministry experts are still debating ways to obtain evidence of such acts.

The dark art of witchcraft has also attracted the ministry's attention.

A witch doctor or his client found guilty of using black magic to hurt other people could spend up to five years in jail.
    XBOX Gamertag: Giantrobo
    On my 3rd 360 as of 9/27/2007
    Wii: 3016 5988 8229 5603

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

DVD Talk Legend

Sounds like they're reverting back to the colonial 1800s.

You broke out--let me see if I can get this straight--you went down the incinerator chute, on the mine car, through the tunnels to the power plant, under the steam engine--that was really cool, by the way--and into the cistern through the intake pipe, but how, in the name of Zeus's BUTTHOLE, did you get out of your cell? I only ask because in our current situation, well, it could prove to be useful information, MAYBE!

Aren't laws against some of these acts still technically on the books in some states in the US?

A witch doctor or his client found guilty of using black magic to hurt other people could spend up to five years in jail
    :lol: OK, this one is just silly!
    "Cultshock... may your corpse be turned into a side show act for the curious and twisted." -Gandhi (banned DVDTalk member, not the Mahatma). I'm not sure, but I think he was hitting on me.

Seems like places all over the world are going backwards in time.

DVD Talk Special Edition
    Great White North. Take Off Eh! You hosers ....

Indonesia is going through a pretty fundamentalist Muslim movement is it not?

These laws don't surprise me all things considered ....
    < hither... > dither...

w-y :lol: :hump:

DVD Talk Gold Edition

They are curbing tourism, that's for sure!
    Gamertag: The Praxis
    Wii Friend Code: 5528 9609 4006 8822
    PSN Name: ThePraxis

DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, at least it's jail-time instead of stoning....
    "The desire to take Medicine is perhaps the greatest feature which distinguishes man from animals."

--Sir William Osler

DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by cultshock
    Aren't laws against some of these acts still technically on the books in some states in the US?
    Yeah, but in the US you get sodomized after you go to prison.

DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by cultshock

:lol: OK, this one is just silly!
    Not really there is a lot of witchcraft that goes on in Bali.

Wii code
    7571 8377 4030 6090
    Tanman

DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Having been there, they are not necessarily backwards. The country is very diverse ranging from the towering buildings in Jakarta and Surabaya to the forests of Borneo.

They are going through a sort of odd social revolution via Muslim Fundamentalists. Unfortunately, like most religious revolutions there is an increase in intolerance on a wide variety of subjects including sexual conduct.

But more seriously Al Queda is behind a lot of the revolutions going on in Indonesia. The radical Muslims are convincing the very impressionable youth to riot and kill and rape etc.

It used to be that the Muslims and Christians would be able to get along in Indonesia. That is not true anymore and is a very serious and sad situation.

As they become more intolerant more violence will erupt and with this moral revolution may come the abuse and lynching of homosexuals or people they deem to be sleeping around.

Indonesia is a very beautiful country with a fascinating culture but unfortunately the government has been corrupt for quite sometime which squashes any potential that they might have. Poor management.

Wii code
    7571 8377 4030 6090
    Tanman

If something like this happens in the US then i'm forming my own militia just like in the Patriot

DVD Talk Special Edition

<------ 100% Indonesian... & ain't proud of it

i.... am.... not too shock about this news.

the country is in a shity condition & they tend to do the dumbest thing imaginable to distrack society's attention from our messed up political & economic situation

but honestly... this one i think is their MOST interesting attempt EVER!!!

Performing oral or anal sex will become a crime in Indonesia punishable by up to 12 years in prison.
    :lol:
    there'll be a whole lot of people in jail by the end of the week

A man who impregnates a woman but refuses to marry her could spend a maximum five years in prison
    this i can understand a little bit.... but i think they need focus more on getting much greater punishment for those f#%kers who rape innocent women

A sentencing range of three to 12 years would apply to sodomy and oral sex
    again... :lol:

Homosexual sex would be liable to punishment of between one and seven years
    again, i might understand this... in certain degree.... not saying that i againts homosexual relationship in any kind, it just that too many immoral gays that sexually assault & molested innocent people... it just f#@ed up

A witch doctor or his client found guilty of using black magic to hurt other people could spend up to five years in jail.
    yeah right... try stopping that.... even the goverment use these witchcraft for their advantages.... & no, it ain't a joke or some "made-up folk story"... it's true, it's been done millions of times & i know few of those people personally.... scary stuff what these people can/will do
    Last edited by BlackBeauty92; 10-23-2003 at 02:05 AM.
    "All these rumors about Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks, Hayden Christensen, Colin Farell etc. being gay surface out of a mix of jealousy & gossip. I assure you, Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks and Colin Farrell are NOT gay" ~ By DonnachaOne

My DVD Collection
    DVD Trade List

Default Re: Note to self...AVOID Indonesia

Hah. So ridiculous. *speechless*.
    @)-->-----

Sukartono Supangat has got to be NOT getting any.
    When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

while Indonesia's population is predominantly Muslim, only a small percentage support the ultraconservative moral and political ideals of the fundamentalists. Most are either moderate or indifferent to these kind of issues.

I've just returned from vacation in Jakarta a couple of days ago and I can confirm that oral sex is still alive and well in Indonesia I highly recommend the classy massage parlors in the Kelapa Gading district of Jakarta. Nice and clean place, friendly people, and most importantly, top notch service for $35. You can't beat that!

DVD Talk Limited Edition

Speechless over here. Time to invest in Indonesian vasoline companies.
    - Eddy B

Proud to be a Wichita State Shocker
    Wii Friend Code:: 5809 7323 8103 6271

Originally posted by iskandam
    I've just returned from vacation in Jakarta a couple of days ago and I can confirm that oral sex is still alive and well in Indonesia I highly recommend the classy massage parlors in the Kelapa Gading district of Jakarta. Nice and clean place, friendly people, and most importantly, top notch service for $35. You can't beat that!
    Good grace :lol: Where exactly in Kelapa Gading?
    @)-->-----

DVD Talk Special Edition

$35!!!!

it used to be no more than $20
    "All these rumors about Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks, Hayden Christensen, Colin Farell etc. being gay surface out of a mix of jealousy & gossip. I assure you, Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks and Colin Farrell are NOT gay" ~ By DonnachaOne

My DVD Collection
    DVD Trade List

well it depends on the place. Last year my friend took me to a bar/brothel and it cost me $15. Nice place, good service, clean, nice women, etc. But these massage parlors are several notches above those bars. They cater to a wealthier clientele. But man, you definitely get your money's worth

For $16.50 you get one and a half hour of massage, reflexology, sauna, shower, gym, and a cool lounge with a large projection screening 3 different movies at the same time. Additional services will cost you another $35. That's the house rate for local women. They also have Russian women (that's right) and Chinese women from mainland China, neither of whom speak Indonesian. They cost $160

The mama-san tried to hook me up with one of the Chinese girls but I'm not really interested... Well, okay I didn't have enough money. Plus, we had a hard time communicating because she doesn't speak english or indonesian and I only know about a dozen or so Chinese words. So I settled with one of the local girls, who ended up giving me the best value for $35 I've ever spent in my life. Can't wait to go back

As a side note, not all masseuse are willing to provide full service though. I had one who flat out refused when I asked and another who won't do oral. At least I was able to bargain with her and save a couple of bucks in the end.

DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm not really interested... Well, okay I didn't have enough money. Plus, we had a hard time communicating because she doesn't speak english or indonesian and I only know about a dozen or so Chinese words.
    :lol:

$$$ always an issue back home... too much fun, not enough $$$

"communicating"??? you've got to be shittin' me....
    what kind of communication do you need anyway?!? just go "WHAM-BAM-next please"

usually i went with just abit more expensive route... taking highschool girls out (yeah, too bad i had to pay for the movies, dinner & stuff), but it's all worth it though....

last time i went back (oh... wayyyy back), i finally know what 3-some felt like :drool: (2 gurls & me) all, just for dinner, movies, & gas.... somewhat $50-60 for the whole weekend (Friday-Sunday)
    & they all clean too (highschool gurls), so no worry on deseases & stuff... & condomless too SWING!

so, when are ya gonna go backa again? i might go (for good) somewhat around next year (August)
    i have to wait for the election thngy done first.... let them kill them self first THEN i go home

My DVD Collection
    DVD Trade List

well it was mostly $$ issue. I didn't want to spend that much when the alternative is just as good and so much cheaper. I had a woman from mainland China in Singapore last year and she didn't speak any english either but the price is right.

$50 is a fantastic deal for that weekend package!! You must be one smooth operator... High school girls, huh?

I might go back in 2 years. Election years are generally not the best time to travel there. Besides, it gives me plenty of time to save money and my friend more time to check out new places Definitely check out Sumo Shiatsu in Kelapa Gading when you go back. You'll be pleased with their high quality service!

DVD Talk Special Edition

Sumo Shiatsu... i think my friend mentioned that to me before... can't remember exactly. but i'm pretty sure to check that place up

"smooth operator"? :lol:
    no, not really... it was back in 1997, so it was allot easier back then (i don't know about now, since i haven't went back since). those girls were too easy to be fooled around with... they only care on your image (just make sure you look like a rich guy, then you're set). i had to "swap" cars with my friend (who happen to be the real rich guy)

do you happen to know a good place in Singapore? i might stop by there before i go home next year... & probably Japan too :drool:
    i got an ex-girlfriend in japan... maybe i could stay at her place there... if she's still single by then

My DVD Collection
    DVD Trade List

There's only one area where prostitution is legal in Singapore and that's Geylang. Make sure to shop around though. There are individual women who hang out outside the love motels. They'll set you back to the tune of $50 per hour.

There are also places where they call them for you, but I wouldn't recommend them because you don't get to see them first and once they've made the call you can't change your mind. I tried it once and they got me this fat and ugly chick. I politely refused but they got pissed so they kicked me out Then there are the quickie places where the women are lined up and they have numbers on them. You pick one for $20 and you're good for 15-20 minutes.

DVD Talk Special Edition

$50/hour?!

screw that

maybe i'll try my luck in night clubs :eyebrow:

thanx man

My DVD Collection
    DVD Trade List